G N NARAYANA PRASAD
- Development professional and human resources trainer with three decades of experience.
- Founder of a couple of NGOs and supporter of many community organizations,
- Also worked in corporate roles.
Professional associations (1981-1993)
- One of the co-founders of the Federation of Voluntary Organizations in Karnataka. The Federation activities included training, collaboration with the Government, networking with NGOs and policy interventions on issues relating to the environment and Government programs.
- Consultant to Breakthrough Foundation, San Francisco, USA, in India for their human resource development workshops. The BreakThrough Foundation was set up by Werner Erhard and Dan Miller who had developed a program module to work with the underprivileged.
- Evangelized the importance of traditional irrigation tanks in Karnataka through the network of organisations sponsored by Prarambha —1990 -1995. This led to many NGOs taking up desiltation of tanks across Karnataka under various Government programs.
- Trained over 10,000 individuals for breakthrough improvements in their personal effectiveness —1985-1997
- Incubated, sponsored and supported over 50 community based organizations to start development work in rural areas — 1985-95.
- Worked on environmental awareness campaigns to ‘Build awareness on the deleterious impact of Eucalyptus plantations — 1985’ and ‘Save the Western Ghats — 1987’
- Initiated activities related to Sustainable Agriculture: created awareness on organic farming as an alternative to the use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides in farming. Conducted numerous training sessions and published small booklets on various aspects of organic farming and newsletter called Samruddhi in English and two South Indian languages with a circulation of 5000 copies— 1992-1996. This work was done through Prarambha, sponsored by the Ford Foundation.
- Practiced organic farming personally — 1992-2003.
- Conceptualization, development and delivery of the Learning to Learn programs
FOUNDER/Director, INGRID — 1980-1990
INGRID was the first NGO to operate in Raichur district, Karnataka, its activities spanned: Education for youth and children, rural health, skill training, rural credit, training of youth and implementation of various development works sponsored by the government such as – housing, health camps, agriculture and watershed development.
As Founder/Director, responsibilities included project design and implementation, raising funds and reporting to sponsors, training the staff for community development and project implementation. Also trained rural youth on personal development.
FOUNDER/Director, prarambha — 1985-1996
Prarambha supported various individuals and groups in rural development work ( NGO creation and sponsoring rural youth to take up village development, training development workers, HRD programs for rural youth and children ) and environment protection activities ( rehabilitation of traditional irrigation tanks, sustainable agriculture projects).
As the Founder Director, was responsible for fund raising, training youth and staff for personal development, understanding the nuances related to development, environment and policy change, training children of Certified Schools Government of Karnataka under a special program called Children at risk, facilitating HRD programs, project implementation and overseeing administration.
Community engagement manager, Kuppam i-community, HP India — 2003-2005
The Kuppam HP i-community was part of the Global Emerging Markets Solutions effort at Hewlett Packard which worked towards bridging the digital divide while innovating and creating new products and business opportunities. The program targeted holistic socio-economic community development spanning education, health, economic development and interface with Government.
Responsibilities included managing the HP office at Kuppam, supervising the team of field workers and administrative staff in their activities:
- Led the community engagement activities of the Kuppam HP i-community program that included gaining support and soliciting the feedback of the community for the various HP program in Kuppam.
- Supported various i-community programs: Village Photographer program, Mobile Van’s program, Community Information Centre program, deployment of 802.11 Wifi Internet connectivity, deployment of various HP IT solutions like e-governance, farming information system etc.
- Setup and managed the Computer Literacy Training program. Trained 40 rural youth in the use of computers. These young people show cased content available in the domains of education health and agriculture in the villages for a fee.
HR manager, Prodigy Labs Bangalore — 2005-2011
Prodigy Labs is a embedded technology product development organization. Worked in the capacity of HR manager in this company until the demise of the Founder (2009). Took on additional responsibilities after this to try and sustain the company along with the other employees.
Co-FOUNDER OSHO NISARGAM MEDITATION CENTER — 2014-PRESENT
Setup the meditation and personal coaching center. Currently conceptualizing, developing and delivering the Learning to Learn programs